Any plumbers? (DIY repair help)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reno_eNVy

Reaction score
Does any have experience with plumbing repair?

Last night, out of nowhere something started spraying water under the sink when I turned on the faucet.

The below image shows it's part of the manifold that directs water to the separate spray nozzle. There appears to be a break where the left black hose connects to the white manifold.

So I'm wondering:

1) What's that manifold called?

2) How do I take it apart?

3) Can I simply reconnect the hose in a way that covers the break?

I do a lot of DIY repair but I'm not familiar with sinks. Fast learner if I have documentation, though.

Thanks in advance!

ForumRunner_20120326_135222.jpg

Pull on the blue clip which locks the lines into the connection block. See if you can re-seat the lines and put the clip back in.

I would say you would need to replace the hose to the spray nozzle, and if that hose is under pressure, you would need to isolate that hose from the main water supply before you remove and replace it.

I would say you would need to replace the hose to the spray nozzle, and if that hose is under pressure, you would need to isolate that hose from the main water supply before you remove and replace it.
Oh both of the water supply lines under the sink have been turned off. There's no more pressure.

Pull on the blue clip which locks the lines into the connection block. See if you can re-seat the lines and put the clip back in.
Ya know, that's what I was wondering. And I was going to give it a shot last night but hurt my back somehow so I wasn't doing any close-quarters working.

I'll tackle it this afternoon and let you know how it went.

Thanks for the help, guys!

Latest posts

Back