Any ideas for a multi-line pin-lock line cleaner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J2W2

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

As the title says, I have pin-lock kegs on a five-tap keezer. Right now, I have a fountain pump that feeds into a Y-splitter with two MFL fittings. With that, I can recirculate line cleaner through two of my five lines at a time.

That still means running three cleaning cycles to do all the lines. And since I have to take my disconnects off the lines to clean them, I also have to deal with making sure the lines don't leak cleaner, sanitizer or whatever I've got in them back into the keezer while I'm switching them around.

The bucket I use would fit under three of the five taps, but I never figured I could clean all five at a time until I saw a one-line setup that used a piece of silicone tubing inserted over the end of a tap so that it could sit on the floor. I set my bucket right under the taps, so I could place it under three of them and use silicone tubing so the other two could still drain into the bucket.

An easy solution would be to get a 5-way gas manifold with MFL fittings. That would let me connect all five taps to a pump, but it would still mean I'd need to take off all the disconnects first.

I've seen a one-line pin-lock build that uses a Firestone liquid post. From that setup, it looks like I'd need a 9/16"-18 SAE ORB fitting to connect to the liquid post. But I'm not having any luck finding a fitting like that which has a 1/4" FFL fitting on the other side (allowing me to connect the posts to a gas manifold). And even if I can, I'm not sure if it would have enough clearance between manifolds for the disconnects.

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on a build like this, or any other ides on how to build a five-line cleaner for pin-lock disconnects?

Thanks for your help!

Somebody sells a male-male corny post jumper. Basically lets you connect two qds to each other inline. Might be easy to buy a few and run your lines at once if i understand you correctly. And your pump can do the work.

Brewhardware i think, maybe aih.

It was Bobby at brewhardware, but I'm pretty sure he only has the adapter for ball lock QDs.

fwiw, I use one of these ball lock "sanitizing manifolds" from chicompany.net to clean all six of my 6 faucets and lines from end to end in parallel.

Sanitizing_Manifold.jpg

They may be willing to fabricate something similar for pin locks - they have pin lock posts and various adapters for them...

Cheers!

OP is a pin lock user...

Cheers!

You're right! In my defense, I was enjoying a beer at the time. :)

There is a way to do the same thing with Pinlock QD's provided they're attached to the lines using swivel nuts. You can get flare unions to connect two swivel nuts together.

Here's what I'm talking about: https://www.menards.com/main/plumbi...chief-flare-union/0122094/p-1444442653238.htm

You do need the nylon flare washers to seal them.

Here's an example; this connects swivel nuts for a CO2 application, but it's the same idea with the liquid lines in a keezer:

swivelnutunion.jpg

Last edited:
I never thought about chaining the lines together. I really like that idea!

I have swivel nuts on all my lines, so no problem there. I have some silicone tubing that will work for the taps, and I found one MFL to MFL connector in my spare parts, so I'll only need to pick up one of those.

This will save me a lot of time.

Thanks to everyone for the great advice!

Back