Any good beer shows or docs on netflix?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swem

Reaction score
Have seen beer wars and thought it was really good. Wondered if anyone knew of any others. Also in a semi related matter has anyone seen brew dogs? If so where can you watch it and what did you think?

How Beer Saved The World is entertaining, albeit a touch hyperbolic.

Beer Wars is fun, as long as you keep in mind that it's a biased anti-BMC hit piece.

Strange Brew and Beerfest are on there (or at least are sometimes) and won't really teach you much, but they're entertaining.

There's probably a few more but I can't think of em at the moment.

Qhrumphf said:
How Beer Saved The World is entertaining, albeit a touch hyperbolic. Beer Wars is fun, as long as you keep in mind that it's a biased anti-BMC hit piece. Strange Brew and Beerfest are on there (or at least are sometimes) and won't really teach you much, but they're entertaining. There's probably a few more but I can't think of em at the moment.
i haven't watched Beerfest since I started homebrewing, but doesn't one of the characters die in a "fermenter" which is open, see through glass, and yet the beer is somehow carbonated?

i haven't watched Beerfest since I started homebrewing, but doesn't one of the characters die in a "fermenter" which is open, see through glass, and yet the beer is somehow carbonated?

Damn boy, it's not a brewing instruction manual, it's one of the best comedies ever made! They also went from homebrewers who kegged their first batch ever to commercial in like 2 weeks using a recipe written in German, and hidden in a creepy wooden doll for a hundred years...and their Gam Gam really was a common German whore...hysterical!!!

By won't teach you much, I should have said won't teach you anything. Hah. I haven't watched it in a long time either, but yeah, that sounds like that movie.

biochemedic said:
Damn boy, it's not a brewing instruction manual, it's one of the best comedies ever made! They also went from homebrewers who kegged their first batch ever to commercial in like 2 weeks using a recipe written in German, and hidden in a creepy wooden doll for a hundred years...and their Gam Gam really was a common German whore...hysterical!!!
Oh, don't get me wrong: Beerfest, Super Troopers, Old School, and Anchorman were the bread and butter of my college days. Good times.

Love the movie, but thinking back on it now, as a homebrewer who is utterly obsessed with my beer, it's kinda funny.

Back