Any experience with Biofine with a lager?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goosegrease

Reaction score
I brewed a german pilsner a few weeks ago and spaced off the moss. I bought some Biofine and had a few questions. How much are you folks using per gallon? I have researched this fairly well, and cannot seem to find consensus. My second question would be this; after a diacetyal rest I am in the midst of a cold crash, would you dump your biofine in a secondary, rack on top of it and let it go for a week at say 34*, than rack it to a keg to lager or just rack into a keg on top of the Biofine and start lagering?

The best results would be to start with 1/4 tsp per 5 gallons and sample after 24 hours. If its not clear enough, add another 1/4 tsp. Continue to do so until its at the clarity you want. I'm skipping all of these steps with my first trial and just going with 1 tsp for my 5 gallon kolsch ;). I'd do this after cold crashing in a secondary.

Back