Any Chicagoans want to get together to taste/critique?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwic

Reaction score
I have three batches bottled and while friends/family say they're pretty tasty for my very first few home brews, they taste more than a little off - at least to my palate.

Any Chicagoans want to get together and sample each other's home brews and offer each other some constructive criticism on a sub-par batch and/or congratulations on a batch well done?

Maybe Memorial Day weekend is a good time? My flat is rather conducive to 15-20 people; I also have a yard and if the weather's nice we can move the party out there.

Cheers,
Jim

*toasts fallen Goose Island*

May Her new master be kind.

I go to Chicago periodically on business to Argonne Labs. I'm a big fan of all the brewpub restaurants. The two I've been actually have really good food in addition to the beer.

Goose Island has always been mediocre in my opinion (both food and beer). My new favorite is Revolution in Logan Square; next up is Piece Pizza in Wicker Park.

If you're a hop addict try out Haymarket on Randolph. Opened in late December. I haven't tried the food, but I had a great server and most of their beers were very good. They lean toward IPA's and, IMO, do them the best of the beers they brew.

have you considered joining a club? i know there are a few around the city. i'd love to join you, but making it into the city and back is a bit of a pain.

I didn't even know there were clubs. How do I get information?

Back