Any Brewing Equipment for Sale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thenick

Reaction score
Is there anyone in the Barrie, Ontario, Canada area that is getting rid of Home Brew equipment? I have two carboys, stoppers, and the air lock. That's it. Been borrowing my buddies this entire time.

Looking for some help, I'll take what I can get right now!

Thanks!

For food grade buckets you can likely go to a bakery and get icing buckets for free.

You'll need a 1/2" drill bit to make the hole for the grommet. I don't recall the size needed for a spigot to make it into a bottling bucket. But you can measure the nipple of the spigot and figure it out.

The buckets I've picked up are ~5.25 gals which allows me to make a 4.5-4.75 gal batch. I also picked up two ~2 gal buckets that I can make 1.75 gal test batches in as well. You could also store grains and such in them. All for free.

I would have never thought about that! I'll try sobeys and zehrs this week!! Free is the best price even if I have to clean then out a bit!

Free is quite nice!

What I noticed with the ones I got that it was rather difficult to get it out, and that what did come out killed my grass!

After a good high pressure rinse I removed the top rack from my dishwasher and ran it. Then afterwards I washed it again by hand with Oxyclean to remove any soap residue.

Just told the wife your idea and about cleaning them. She said it's all the lard or shortening they use. Can make it hard to clean out. But I'll wait till tomorrow when the kids are in school to start looking around. Thanks again! Great idea!!

Latest posts

Back