Any advice on 4" inline fans?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewJersey

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_20181217_140312.jpg

So, IllI be doing eBIAB where it's pictured. (Please excuse the mess) Laundry used to be down here so there's a 4" vent to outside. I was just looking on amazon and there's a million of em! I don't want to bother with a hood and in the summer illI just open the window and door. Door is 6ft to the right of the kettle and it's 2 steps up to ground level. I just figured might as well rig up something since the vent is RIGHT THERE. Brewing in my unfinished basement so this isn't THAT big a deal. Any suggestions welcome. In no hurry as my brother hasn't put in my 240v yet and i haven't even cleaned up yet. Thanks

i ended up ordering a cheaper (likely much lower quality) fan and plan to attatch it outside temporarily when i brew. I'll come back and post a video when i use it eventually.
The fan is rated for 195cfm, so we shall see i guess

Yeah, they are pretty salty. I didn't want to miss around with crawling in my attic again, so the 10 year warranty was a bonus.

View media item 69925so, fan showed up today. it's plastic, REALLY light, and shockingly it's very quiet. $26 bucks
it doesn't have a switch, but that's ok as i have a switched outlet that'll work for this.
Nicer ones are prolly more heavy duty, have an on/off switch, and speed dial.
when i plugged it in and sat it on the kitchen counter the lil guy starting making it's way slowly off the counter, lol

Back