Another Leaky Keg Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benzene

Reaction score
Hey All,
I'm at a loss here. I have three kegs, that all leak from the liquid disconnect. I've changed the liquid post o-rings, changed the disconnects (i have a two keg system, and changed both disconnects, giving a total of four disconnects that all leak), disassembled the kegs and changed all the other o-rings, and used different post o-rings (ones from corney keg.com, the original ones, ones recommended from McMaster-Carr) all give the same behavior. They appear to be leaking from within the disconnect (liquid is flowing down), and only when i put the disconnect on the keg. Is it possible that I've gotten a set of bad disconnects, or lots of mis-sized o-rings?

I'm thinking there is something obvious that I'm overlooking. I've tried to change all the variables, Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Woof. Sounds like a nightmare.
Ball lock, or pin lock?

A leak between the Out post and the beer QD can only be caused by a bad (or mis-sized) post O-ring, or a split QD. And as you've tried four disconnects, I'd finger the O-rings.

If these are pin lock, you may well have under-sized O-rings, as I'll bet more than half of all retailers sell the same O-rings for both ball lock and pin locks, but pin lock post O-rings have to be slightly thicker to work correctly...

Cheers!

Yes, its quite frustrating. I am tending to believe that it is the o rings also. They are pin lock kegs. I'm going to my lhbs this afternoon and try to get better o-rings.

are your disconnects odd colour from normal ones, black with a white/grey ring? I have some cheap ass chinese disconnects that leak horribly. Don't know why I even still have them in my parts box.

These are standard (i think) Red with white ring is gas and red with black ring is liquid.

Latest posts

Back