Another keezer build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoonyluv

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Based on Billy Broas's blog.

Room for 6-7 kegs, 5 of those on tap. 4 product secondary with the last secondary feeding a 4 port manifold.

Two computer fans which run continuously.

Johnson A419 temp controller with the probe in a White Labs tube submerged in Vodka.

Still trying to figure out the drip tray.

Beer board is made from an Ikea frosted glass cabinet door and LED strip.

Happy to answer questions.

IMG_20130622_083254.jpg

IMG_20130622_083311.jpg

IMG_20130622_123715.jpg

IMG_20130630_124847.jpg

IMG_20130630_133601.jpg

Based on Billy Broas's blog.

Happy to answer questions.

Yeah, since your happy to answer questions: First of all that's a mighty fine brew stand in the background, mine is welded steele bars and are rusting like a madmax movie. The collar on my keezer just sits on top and slides when kids lean on it leaving a 1/4" gap of air leak. Trying to find a way to secure it better. Nice keezer build btw!

Yeah, since your happy to answer questions: First of all that's a mighty fine brew stand in the background, mine is welded steele bars and are rusting like a madmax movie. The collar on my keezer just sits on top and slides when kids lean on it leaving a 1/4" gap of air leak. Trying to find a way to secure it better. Nice keezer build btw!

The stand is made by Brewsteel so I can't take credit but they do awesome work.

The collar isn't secured which was the reason I went with the Billy's two layer approach. The outer collar is wider than the inner collar. The inner collar sites on top of the freezer, the outer sticks 2" down from the top of the freezer and keeps it from moving. I'm also hoping the two layers provide enough insulation down the road.

You could probably do a smaller version of that by just adding long "slats" on the outside around the corners to keep it from sliding around.

The only modification to the freezer itself was moving the lid, nothing else is attached to it and no permanent modifications made.

The stand is made by Brewsteel so I can't take credit but they do awesome work.

The collar isn't secured which was the reason I went with the Billy's two layer approach. The outer collar is wider than the inner collar. The inner collar sites on top of the freezer, the outer sticks 2" down from the top of the freezer and keeps it from moving. I'm also hoping the two layers provide enough insulation down the road.

You could probably do a smaller version of that by just adding long "slats" on the outside around the corners to keep it from sliding around.

The only modification to the freezer itself was moving the lid, nothing else is attached to it and no permanent modifications made.

Thanks for the reply, yeah I think I'll mark it out and add a 1"x1" layer around the bottom to hug it tight to the freezer.

Thanks for this timely post! I've actually been considering doing a "don't void the warranty" build with the overhanging outer collar and no permanent modifications. I'm thinking of lining the top and bottom of the inner collar with a strip of foam insulation to protect the freezer and maybe help seal a little better, and insulating the interior wood with foam board insulation as well.

Be sure to check back in with your results. I'm curious if the wood will be enough insulation that I could skip the foam board.

Thanks for this timely post! I've actually been considering doing a "don't void the warranty" build with the overhanging outer collar and no permanent modifications. I'm thinking of lining the top and bottom of the inner collar with a strip of foam insulation to protect the freezer and maybe help seal a little better, and insulating the interior wood with foam board insulation as well.

Be sure to check back in with your results. I'm curious if the wood will be enough insulation that I could skip the foam board.

I will. I used weather stripping under the collar and just left the lid rubber to seal the top of the collar. So far I can't feel any air leakage and the compressor doesn't come on very often. Guessing 3" of wood (actually 2.25") is not a bad insulator by itselt.

Back