Another ISO Proprietor Thread!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are the hardest to land right now for obvious reason. I saw a beatification batch 1 get two bottles of proprietors. Hopefully they will pop up once the hype slows down.

TheMan said:
Hmmm...maybe I should be shopping my proprietors around some...lol
That would be a smart idea. Not to persuade you to trade, but I've heard that they should be enjoyed ASAP because the coconut will fade over time because of the oil. Could just be a bunch of peso led talking out of their butts. I know ill probably never see one lol

That would be a smart idea. Not to persuade you to trade, but I've heard that they should be enjoyed ASAP because the coconut will fade over time because of the oil. Could just be a bunch of peso led talking out of their butts. I know ill probably never see one lol

Coconut definitely fades over a short time frame. I've had many, many brews with coconut and within a few months the flavor fades or becomes overwhelmed.

Yeah, I know the coconut fades. But its also a barrel aged beer. Which is why I am conflicted on when to drink it haha...could be fantastic in 4 years...could be best now. I wont know which is best because ill only get to drink it once haha

Yeah, I know the coconut fades. But its also a barrel aged beer. Which is why I am conflicted on when to drink it haha...could be fantastic in 4 years...could be best now. I wont know which is best because ill only get to drink it once haha

The coconut addition could of been massive, so it could last a lot longer. Until they release more details on it we will never know. A bottle in my house probably wouldn't last six months lol.
I'm probably going to expand my search to also include the Backyard, too, I think. That should be easier to get.

The coconut addition could of been massive, so it could last a lot longer. Until they release more details on it we will never know. A bottle in my house probably wouldn't last six months lol.
I'm probably going to expand my search to also include the Backyard, too, I think. That should be easier to get.

Yeah its tough to say. I have a hard time making myself drink "special" or limited beer haha....my stockpile just grows and grows. I am slowly making myself dig in to the stash. I definitely have a beer hoarding problem...

Yeah its tough to say. I have a hard time making myself drink "special" or limited beer haha....my stockpile just grows and grows. I am slowly making myself dig in to the stash. I definitely have a beer hoarding problem...

I am also guilty of this and constantly get yelled at by SWMBO when buying expensive beers, "You're not gonna drink it anyways!"

My hoarding problem started getting bad after swaporama five...so yea my addiction is kinda your fault. My wife wants to have words with you about that

As I've added more to my hoard, I've found it easier to drink things from the cellar stash. I think there's a certain cellar size that i would maintain without adding much to. It's probably a rather large size, but i think it exists.

And to think I could get a case of this at distributor cost ($14 per bottle). Got coffee, barleywine, and Gillian instead.

kalifornsky said:
I love the coffee this year. If you got a case of that, good on you!

I love it too. I think this year there's a bitterness to the coffee they used which works really well.

Pro tip:
Dont get first pour at tastings....
Oil settles out on top and you get a glass of floaties.

Pro tip2: This beer is the tits. The toasted coconut upfront is amazing.

Drink fresh for sure.

I love it too. I think this year there's a bitterness to the coffee they used which works really well.

I got tons of fresh green fleshy pepper skin from the coffee.
Middle of febuary should take some of that away, besides aroma coffee is pretty good. BW was the out front winner this year. Reminds me of fresh king henry!!

Lolita and Gillian are also FANTASTIC sours.

Thank you goose island, haters gonna hate!

Back