Another Inkbird Temp Control, with a twist (found a use for an apple product)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kristiismean

Reaction score
Hi all,

I did not like the fact that the fridge would be pulling from something so small, so I added a RIB (Relay in a box) rated at 20 Amps, but used a 15 Amp GFI outlet. I am by no means a modder, and an form over function. but when looking for a project box, I could not resist.

Yes, this is in one of my old Apple IIgs floppy drive cases....

I would like to say 'cool' and 'nice job'. So, I'll say that first.
Cool! Nice job!

However, as much as I dislike Apple, I have a sweet spot for vintage computers, and I really can't help feeling bad for that poor little drive.
Even if it was broken to begin with, a Gotek conversion (preferably without any cutting) would be more appropriate.
Well, the damage is already done, so you might as well enjoy it, but I hope the ghost of computers past will haunt you at least a little bit :)

:) thanks, it was my drive as a kid. I still have a few of these drives around, and this was the only broken one, but I could NOT bring myself to cut up my apple IIe drives from 1980. (the metal ones with the black face)

Back