Another force carb ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Run3minman

Reaction score
Alright so I have my first non kit brew that I am slowly force carbing. It's a pumpkin beer and my question is I put it in the korny on Saturday and have the pressure set to 10 psi. Will it be good to go by Monday night Halloween??? Or should I turn it up even more on Saturday to make sure it's carbonated???

I found it takes about 2 weeks at 11 psi. So you might want to up it for a day or two if you can't wait.

Alright so I have my first non kit brew that I am slowly force carbing. It's a pumpkin beer and my question is I put it in the korny on Saturday and have the pressure set to 10 psi. Will it be good to go by Monday night Halloween??? Or should I turn it up even more on Saturday to make sure it's carbonated???

What is the fridge temp? Mine is around 38 and I will set the pressure to 30 psi for 2 days then turn it back to 13 psi permanently for a flat beer. You've already gone a week at 10 so I'd go to 20 psi and take a sample each day. If by Sunday its still a little flat, bump it to 30 and set it back to 13 Monday night.

My temp is about 38 as well so I was thinking about bumping to 20 tomorrow and then turning down on Monday morning. What do you think

I am having people over on the 31st so I would rather not wait.

Bump it to 30 now, but watch it close so you don't over carbonate it. I'd say go 24 hours then check it. If its not good, go another 24 hours. Then go back to 13. I think you will be fine. It's good you asked. If you would have kept it at 10 it wouldn't have been ready.

I don't like to go over the serving pressure for fear of overcarbonating. What's worked well for me is to put the beer on the gas at the service pressure and shake for about 20 minutes to half an hour. That gets you about 80% of the way there and you'll be perfectly carbed at the end of a week.

If you remove the gas, purge the keg, set it to 13 put the gas back on and it's foam city... it's over carbonated. So, after 24 hours @ 30 psi, remove the gas, purge the keg, set the dial to 13 and pour 4-8 oz, if it's flat or lightly carbonated, keep going. If you get a nice head on the beer, keep it a 13. Your done.

BTW, if it is overcarbonated, remove the gas and purge it over time. Eventually it will reach a point where your satisfied. Then just set it for 13 and let it go. I usually keep it off the gas until its back to normal. You can still serve it without it being on the tank. When it gets to a reasonable level , put it back on.

Back