Another Central Ohio Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grashaus

Reaction score
I'm a naturally curious hobbyist with some time to kill after laying my academic ambitions to rest. I'm a Michigan fan currently residing in Central Ohio. I'm formerly many things but currently a husband, father and marketing analyst.

I got a starter brewery for my birthday last year, made Northern Brewer's St Paul Porter extract kit and the experience thrilled me far more than I imagined. Since that initial batch I've brewed 15 recipes, ranging from Best Bitter through Barleywine. I've experimented with wort techniques from extract through partial mash on up to all grain. I started with a 6 gallon aluminum turkey fryer for a kettle, used a 2 gal strainer to do a little mashing, built a Papazian double bucket lauter tun and secured an 8 gallon kettle with a false bottom. I started with Safale US-05 dry yeast, pitched my Barleywine on top of the secondary trub from my Winter Warmer, captured the yeast from a Chimay bottle, washed the trub from most batches and top cropped both English and Belgian yeast. I started by reading advertising copy from homebrew retailers, then this forum, then books, and then started making my own invert syrups. I've done a little, learned a lot and enjoyed the experience far more than I imagined. This forum has been invaluable, so now I'm here to try to offer what wisdom I can.

-eric

always glad to see another Ohioan on here! There's a growing number of us signing up here. There's plenty of info & help to be had here, so stick around! :mug:

Welcome to HBT - nothing like brewing up a batch during our lovely winters! Oh and - GO BUCKS! :D

Back