Another carbing question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HibsMax

Reaction score
Today I popped open an Old Peculier clone and it was super fizzy. No explosions but the glass was full of head. I scooped a little out, poured in the rest of the beer then sat down to taste test it. Yummy by the way. However, now my beer sits in front of me with no head whatsoever and no lacing or any evidence that there ever was a head. I still see little bubbles rising to the top but nothing that forms into a head.

1. is that even a problem?
2. is there anything I can do about it if the first answer is "yeah, it could be"

I am not panicking and I am already relaxing and drinking a homebrew. :) I'm just curious. Other beers I have made don't fizz up as much and lace nicely. I'm still learning, maybe it's a beer style thing.

Cheers, Max

Sounds like the sort of thing that happens to me when I try to crack a beer before three weeks of conditioning. See if it improves in a week.

This has been in the bottle for about 30 days now but I will leave it longer. It was only in the fridge for a couple of hours as well. I will test another bottle after it has been in the fridge for a couple of days.

Needs to be in the fridge for a couple of days - this dissolves more of the CO2 in solutuon, which gives you longer lasting head.

Lacing itself is more a funtion of your glass - if you have any detergent residue, you have no lacing.

Needs to be in the fridge for a couple of days - this dissolves more of the CO2 in solutuon, which gives you longer lasting head.

Lacing itself is more a funtion of your glass - if you have any detergent residue, you have no lacing.

Thanks! I love long lasting head. As for the glasses, yeah, we wash in dishwasher with detergent and all that good stuff but other beers don't seem to have a problem. I think it's all down to the head disappearing so fast i.e., there is no head left to lace the glass as I drink. If I remember I will report back what happens in a couple of days.

Couple of days in the fridge and it's looking better BUT (caveat) I did pour this beer more carefully as well so it's probably those two factors combined.

Latest posts

Back