Another burner questuon!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salb29

Reaction score
Guys I'm torn between three burners all at very different price points, bayou classic sq14--50, bayou classic banjo cooker(high output burner)--100$ and the blichmann floor burner--150, I'm looking for a burner to last me a while and that can do up to 10-15 gallon boils, right now I'm only doing 5 but will do 10 gallons every now and again, any suggestion on best all around burner that's priced right? Oh yeah ill be using a keggle for brew pot

I've had both the SQ14 and the Blichmann. Blichmann was alot nicer and ran quieter. Seemed to have higher output and didn't go through the gas as fast either.

I have no complaints with the SQ14 though. Solid burner for the price.

I had no issues doing 14 gallons boils with either one of them.

Well I took the plunge and bought the blichmann floor burner!

Tired of buying things twice with this hobby! No more!

You won't be disappointed! I started last year with a friend's turkey fryer burner. Picked up my first Blichmann burner as a Christmas present, picked upon second one a couple months later. Great quality, great adjustability, and super sexy too!

salb29 said:
Well I took the plunge and bought the blichmann floor burner!

Tired of buying things twice with this hobby! No more!

The Blichmans are quieter than the banjo because they run a 10PSI regulators rather than 10 - 30PSI. They are more efficient because they hold the brew kettle closer to the flame than the Bayou Classics and less heat escapes to the surrounding atmosphere. I bought the BC Banjos and made a 3.5" stainless ring (FREE) to contain my heat to the kettle and run the burners quietly with a replacement 10PSI regulator and was able to match Blichmans performance reports. However, for $50 additional each I'd have had to do nothing but the performance, quietness and efficiency CAN be matched. My .02 cent.

Update: my blichmann came in under a week super fast, when I opened box I was really happy I bought this tank, built so much better then the lowes/walmart turkey fryers, my first all grain brew day this Sunday! I got this its a blonde ale

Congratulations on your purchase of a very fine burner. I bought one too, and if I get a second burner I'm hooking it up directly to the back of my car for added acceleration.

Back