Annapolis area...suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmulligan

Reaction score
I am meeting up with a few friends Friday night, and have a few choices to consider. Downtown there's the Ramshead (I wasn't impressed with what I tasted of their own beer, but they at least had a selection of other beers as well), and Galway Bay. My friends aren't necessarily beer lovers, but I'd like somewhere I can get something other than Sam Adams.

I am also considering two places outside of downtown Annapolis (to avoid the crowds), and found Heroes Pub, which apparently has 48 taps!? I also found a German restaurant (The Old Stein Inn) in Edgewater.

Any recommendations/suggestions or reviews of those places? I've only been to the Ramshead and it was slightly early on a Friday, so I can't even imagine what it will be like at 7:30 pm (our proposed meeting time).

Thanks! :mug:

I wish! I am actually going to one tonight, but it's in VA. Both alehouses around here are just outside DC.

Nevermind... i jsut looked it up and its gaithersburg... I thought it was like bowie area

I am meeting up with a few friends Friday night, and have a few choices to consider. Downtown there's the Ramshead (I wasn't impressed with what I tasted of their own beer, but they at least had a selection of other beers as well), and Galway Bay. My friends aren't necessarily beer lovers, but I'd like somewhere I can get something other than Sam Adams.

I am also considering two places outside of downtown Annapolis (to avoid the crowds), and found Heroes Pub, which apparently has 48 taps!? I also found a German restaurant (The Old Stein Inn) in Edgewater.

Any recommendations/suggestions or reviews of those places? I've only been to the Ramshead and it was slightly early on a Friday, so I can't even imagine what it will be like at 7:30 pm (our proposed meeting time).

Thanks! :mug:

hmmm, where do I like to go drinking....

Heroes is alright, they have a lot of taps, SWMBO likes it, and used to go there a lot, I've been a few times, and wasn't really impressed. They seem to have a bunch of Ok craft beers, as well as stuff you hardly ever see on tap, but can get in bottles everywhere.

Galloway Bay is a great little Irish place, I go to the sister pub in Severna Park called Brian Boru, probably will be there tonight for birthday drinks...ok, nevermind, SWMBO said no.

So it looks like she said we are going to Annapolis. We enjoy Metropolitan, Harry Brown's, and outside of town the Mexican Cafe. We'll probably end up at Metro or Harry Brown's because we know people that work there, and get hooked up, but even still, they are good places. The rooftop bar at Metro is killer

Galloway Bay is a great little Irish place, I go to the sister pub in Severna Park called Brian Boru...

We enjoy Metropolitan, Harry Brown's, and outside of town the Mexican Cafe.

Yeah we've got another sister pub, Killarney House right by where I live. I'll have to give that a shot some time.

Thanks for the tip on the Metropolitan and Harry Browne's. Definitely a bit higher-class than what we're looking for this time, but I will keep them in mind for a night out for HWMO and I. :)

Yeah we've got another sister pub, Killarney House right by where I live. I'll have to give that a shot some time.

Thanks for the tip on the Metropolitan and Harry Browne's. Definitely a bit higher-class than what we're looking for this time, but I will keep them in mind for a night out for HWMO and I. :)

I forgot about Killarney House, good as well

Metro and HB are not higher-class. Trust me when I say this, I can't tell you how many times I've pulled the hoodie and jeans outfit. It seems like it's high class, prices can be, but atmosphere is very laid back. You can go in just about any attire and be fine, well, any attire you'd ever go out in

Back