And on the 8th day god made a keezer....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonepalm

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Few photos of my progress on my keezer today. I will stay where it is hidden from all, some point a bar will have taps.... But just wanted to share. 10 gallons of APA to go in there tomorrow afternoon

Jr

Freaking thumbs to big fir iPhone, no photos geez

Only have to get built in lock to hold front and seal seams.

image-2304299111.jpg

image-1099937777.jpg

image-3340700878.jpg

image-588033345.jpg

Hi

It normally takes a little fiddling to get the temperature control to run at the right temperature. I'd suggest getting that worked out before putting in any beer.

(Indeed this is a do as I say not as I do thing.... would have been a lot easier if I did the fiddle first and the beer second).

Bob

Nice job. I made a keezer that is quite similar, has four taps. You mention a lock to hold down the lid to the seams. I'd be very interested to see what you come up with because I need to come up with a solution as well.......

Nice job. I made a keezer that is quite similar, has four taps. You mention a lock to hold down the lid to the seams. I'd be very interested to see what you come up with because I need to come up with a solution as well.......

I actually bought a window latch, and found it last night so i'll try to throw it on this week.

Currently using a 2 gallon bucket of thinset..

If you haven't secured down the collar yet, you may consider flipping it to throw your taps to the right side over the collar. My buddy considers his lines an annoyance when he tries to get cornys in and out.

Personally, I cut off the weather stripping, siliconed the lid to the collar, hinged the collar, and put the weather stripping on the bottom of the collar. This way my lines are always clear and my secondary regulator (mounted on the rear of the collar) is tilted up toward me so it's super easy to adjust pressures.

Hi

Be carefull. If you clamp down the lid and crush the gasket, it's not going to seal as well as you might think.

Bob

I originally had a screw in the top of the collar to work with the lock on the lid.

Those that were interested in taking a look inside or if i threw spare beer in there caused them to break and was always fixin it. Then it was unrepairable.

Thoughts on the window lock were to give an obvious lock.

Hi

There should be *plenty* of weight to get the lid gasket to seal properly. If not, I'd recomend spending some quality time flattening ot the collar.

Locks for keeping out the rif raf are another thing altogether...

Bob

Back