An insult to farmers everywhere

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisfromAbby

Reaction score
Yes, to call my bedframe steel brewstand welds "farmer welds" would be a gross insult to a most noble profession. I don't even let my friends that weld for a living even anywhere near my brewstand.....

I'd like to build a new brewstand. The old one is just not that well put together or organized. OK, in reality,I'd like to have one built FOR me.
One buddy is a stainless fabricator, and he owes me favors. So that's a bonus....

There are a plethora of brew stand images out there. I know of the Brutus 10 and BYO plans. I don't mind paying for plans that actually work.
I already have my BG14 burners and Honeywell valves, the chugger pumps and keggles, and a controller. I just want The Stand. Well, the plans for the frame that is.

Does anyone know of a set of plans I can give to my fabricator pal for The Stand that works well for a single tier, 2-burner (HLT and BK) propane powered stand with two pumps? I'd prefer to be able to look down into the keggles without stepping up on a step-stool....

Chris

I'd probably sketch one out while looking at the spot I was going to put it in. Sketch it out and then take some measurements. If he's a fabricator then he's going to know where the stress points are and add some gussets as needed.

I was hoping for a schematic that already had the bugs worked out of it. You know, accounts for venting exhaust gas from the burners, keeping the solenoid valves away from the heat, making it the right size to accomodate all the auxillaries, putting the pumps in a convenient location. Because he doesn't brew himself and I'm sure there are people who've already figured some of this out, better than me.

Ok. That was a neat trick!

However, I did actually think to Google the subject. Also tried Pintrest and Reddit.
Problem has been that the plans that I've found there were vague, or didn't include details alluded to in the text about modifications made or considered.

It's not that I'm that lazy. I've already built ONE bench of my own. It's not a big deal. I certainly could just start on Version II utilizing what issues I've run into with Version I. I'm just looking for a plan with the kinks already worked it.

Back