American pale ale tonight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowman159

Reaction score
Ell it's my third brew night an it's the first boil type from J.P's book. Got all my kit sorted, pots cooler and all the ingredients so feel like it's the first official brew properly so am looking forward to getting the boil on.

Well I had to rearrange my brew night. But all went well.
Used the J.PALMER Cincinnati PA recipe and looks great. Smelt really good at second and third hop additions.
OG is a bit off at 1030 diluted the wort a bit much 26lts instead of 25 so hope it's not ruined! Used wort cooler work really quickly (cold water temps in Scotland)

image-826161600.jpg

image-4185081716.jpg

image-4260713721.jpg

looks good bowman....dont worry about missing that gravity...it will still be beer...cheers....Tom

Oh, I wish we had smell-o-vision, because that one picture of the wort boiling looks like it had great aroma!

It should turn out really great. Thanks for the photos.

My garage never smelt better!
It's looking good in the fermentation stages not. Kraeusen has formed sitting at a stable 20 deg, it's gurgling away nicely.

Back