Ambitous Young Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Was this usefull or not helpful at all?

• Usefull

• Helpfull for some

• Not helpful at all

• waste of my time

Results are only viewable after voting.

ChickenBeer

Reaction score
I wasnt sure were to put this thread so I went with this section because I feel if it is not known then it must be most identifiable here. :) 2 parts actually, was wondering if you can add alcohol to beer sometime or if that would kill all the yeast. (idea was adding scotch to porter) any thoughts? also looked at dry hoping a stout with coffee beans and coca beans good idea bad idea? how would you clean the beans etc.? Thanks

Why is this a poll?

Check the alcohol tolerance of your yeast, and do the math. I don't know what yeast you are using.

also looked at dry hoping a stout with coffee beans and coca beans good idea bad idea?
If you like the flavor of coffee and cocoa in your beer, then good idea. If not, bad idea.

I dont know why this is a poll. I just wanted to ask the question and some how adding a poll got selected. I usually use white labs for my yeast and I dont have a specific brew on that I was thinking about adding the scotch to just thought it would be interesting. Do the manufactuers usually have the alcohol availability of their yeast or this some secret way i can find this?

You'll be able to find the alcohol tolerance of the yeast from the MFG's website. If you do choose to add anything to your beer, you may want to consider taking a gallon or so out of the fermenter and putting it in a smaller fermenter to do a small test batch. That way, if things don't turn out as expected, you still have un-ruined beer to drink.

I would guess the coffee and cocoa beans should be boiled before being added to the fermentator and the scotch should probably be added after the majority of fermentation is done.

Latest posts

Back