Am I the ONLY one???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new2brew1221

Reaction score
ok, so today I got the mini fridge kit to convert my old mini fridge into a kegerator. i took all the parts out to the shop to begin work, and right away, there is one BIG problem. The freezer area in the fridge makes it impossible to put the corny keg in there. has anyone else ran into this problem, and needed to remove the freezer portion? i cannot believe that i did something so careless. please help,, anyone??:(

Normally the freezer area contains the coils that chill the fridge, so they are necessary. Sometimes you can bend it back against the back of the fridge and it'll work, but you have to be super careful not to kink a coil

you cant remove it thats where the coolant runs through and
it wont work with out it. unbolt it from the top and carefully attach it to the back wall of the inside of the fridge )dont kink the coolant line). you may need to move the controller knob to another spot also. their are some threads on here that show how to do it. good luck!

Here ya go dude. You tube never fails.

If the link doesn't work just search mini fridge keg conversion on YouTube.com. It will show you the way

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally the freezer area contains the coils that chill the fridge, so they are necessary. Sometimes you can bend it back against the back of the fridge and it'll work, but you have to be super careful not to kink a coil

And if you are not super-careful, and you hear a hiss, you are screwed and there isn't anything you can do about it and your wife will ask what happened to Sonny's dorm fridge and you'll have to hem and haw and look like an idiot. Don't ask me how I know, happened to a guy I know.

thanks for the quick replies. it is a haier model, and i didn't know if there was anything on here about other people having this issue or not. good to know i'm not the only one who has ran into this problem. i will try CAREFULLY bending the freezer down against the back of the fridge. i know it comes off easily from the top, i just didn't know if it could be bent or removed. thanks again.

Latest posts

Back