Always get a pellicle in bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twinkeelfool

Reaction score
Hey guys, all my Brett beers end up with a pellicle in the bottle after a few weeks. It doesn't stop me from drinking them, but I'd like to know if there's any way to reduce the chance of this happening?, or is it just one of those Brett things where it does what it wants? Haha

I suppose you could purge your bottles with CO2... Otherwise, that's what it does. The little bit of oxygen you get from bottling and in the bottle headspace causes it. I have the same issue. They go away after awhile.

I suppose you could purge your bottles with CO2... Otherwise, that's what it does. The little bit of oxygen you get from bottling and in the bottle headspace causes it. I have the same issue. They go away after awhile.

Yep, same problem... If you want to call it a problem. My sours/brett beers tend to do the same thing. Time and temperature drop it out of sight and the beers always turn out amazing. I wouldn't worry about it.

as mentioned above, unless you rack and bottle in zero-oxygen conditions, bottles pellicles are to be expected. i don't get them all the time, only most of the time :mug:

Back