Alternatives to painting keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boleslaus

Reaction score
I should be finishing up my keezer build tomorrow night. I bought a 7.2 cu in. Frigidaire off CL, built a wheeled base and collar, and stained it American Chestnut. I would like to eventually paint it black :)rockin:), but don't have time now and would like to enjoy it for a while. Are there any alternatives to make the white freezer look more attractive?

I've gotten a few suggestions from friends, but just looking for some other ideas and/or experiences.

I've seen other threads where people used spray-in bedliner meant for pickup trucks. There's also appliance paint available at most home supply stores.

Get some cheap wood panels and frame around it? Might be a bit too permanent. Paint would really be your best best. You can roll it on (if you don't have somewhere to spray it)

I can't see how painting it would take any longer than the other ideas mentioned...

You mean the molding? ...dammit it's not called molding but I can't think of the name

Anyway mine did. I sprayed a Kenmore Black using that stuff from HD. I'm not entirely sure how it is different from regular pray paint, but it covered everything fine

...weatherstripping maybe...damn I need a beer to get my mind going again.

You mean the molding? ...dammit it's not called molding but I can't think of the name

Anyway mine did. I sprayed a Kenmore Black using that stuff from HD. I'm not entirely sure how it is different from regular pray paint, but it covered everything fine

...weatherstripping maybe...damn I need a beer to get my mind going again.

No I'm not talking about weather stripping. There are just pieces of plastic attached to the body of the freezer at the bottom and at the top (the place where the weather stripping seals to).

That I don't know as mine didn't have any of that.

I'd imagine it would though as I've used the rest of the stuff (bought 5 cans not knowing how much I'd need) painting a mailbox, drill stand and a beat up iron "hanging plant hook" that SWMBO insisted needed to be repainted.

make a collage of beer labels, I'm doing that to the top of my keezer

I'm doing the same thing, all the labels that fall off in the bucket of PBW when I soak bottles get stuck to the side of the fridge, don't even need glue if you put them on wet, the few that fall off I use spray adhesive to put back on once they've dried. When a side is covered I'll put some clear coat over the top to seal it.

I'm doing the same thing, all the labels that fall off in the bucket of PBW when I soak bottles get stuck to the side of the fridge, don't even need glue if you put them on wet, the few that fall off I use spray adhesive to put back on once they've dried. When a side is covered I'll put some clear coat over the top to seal it.

Got any pics of the project in progress?

I was kicking around the idea of mounting ceramic tile to the side of my future kezzer build not faster but.has anyone else done this?

I'm painting mine now. So far it seems like the appliance paint is sticking fine to the plastic trim parts, but time will tell. I would think they would mention it on the can if it were an issue.

IMAG0042.jpg

This is the top of my keezer, still kind of a work in progress (need to drink more beers and get labels) and kind of cheated with the addition of the beer related posters.

Are there any alternatives to make the white freezer look more attractive?

Just drink a lot. Pretty soon, it'll look so good, you may even wake up next to it in the morning with your underwear on your head. You may have to do the walk of shame afterwards.

:drunk:

;)

:D

Haha, thanks for the continued advice guys.

I kind of like the look of the labels.

But I actually think that the white freezer turned out nice. It fits well with the room and I think black would actually stand out more. I chose a slightly lighter brown stain (american chestnut) and only did one coat. The white and brown look great together. So for now I plan on leaving it.

For right now I decided to leave it white, since it actually goes better with the furniture and what-not in my apartment.

Indeed it looks good. I was thinking the black would be a little dark with the wood/stain you already have, some other colors might highlight the wood better.

Indeed it looks good. I was thinking the black would be a little dark with the wood/stain you already have, some other colors might highlight the wood better.

Yea, after the preliminary decision to not paint it at the moment I went with a lighter brown "american chestnut" rather than the mahogany that I would have done with black.

It looks good the way it is and factory applied paint is probably more durable that anything applied afterwards with a rattle can..... I thought about painting mine, but decided it wasn't worth the bother. Some call me lazy, but I prefer "efficient"! <G>

Paint it the color of the car in the background. What is that car, anyway?

Back