Aloe Juice Wine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texconsinite

Reaction score
I was looking at the Aloe juice at Walmart the other day and wondered if anyone has tried making a cider/mead/wine with it? Anybody?

LOL about a year ago I thought the same thing there at walmart. I would have to taste the juice first to see if I think it has potential. Have you had any to drink yet?

Yucky to drink as a juice! I made a few wines with fruits I don't like. I did not like the wine either....

Sent from my iPod touch using Home Brew

I've tried aloe drinks before, usually from Asian or Hispanic markets, and found them quite good, actually. Don't hate unless you've tried it. The drinks have a mild-sweet taste kind of like jicama, if I had to compare it to something.

I'm sure they sweeten them a lot to make it drinkable, but seriously, has anyone eaten raw rhubarb? It's gross, and yet (with tons of sugar) it makes delicious pie, and wine. If things like potatoes, onions, rutabaga, okra and nettles can be used in wine, is aloe really that far-fetched?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I've drank aloe juice before. Yucky was the best discription I had. I also do not like jicama. I tried both several times. Still yucky.
Then again I do like raw rubarb, cranberries, potatoes, beets, and other thinks most people cook or douse with tones of suger in order to choke down with a smile.
Just saying if you like it fresh make a wine with it. If you don't like it fresh you will most likly not like it as a wine! For those who like sweets backsweetening may make it drinkable. Chilling it aslo calms down flavors and makes a wine more drinkable.

Sent from my iPod touch using Home Brew

I've had a rutabaga + ice cream shake before. Wonder what that would taste like as a wine?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back