Almond Milk....?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanalBrewery

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried using Almond Milk in anything?

I was thinking about experimenting with dumping some in the boil of a
Cherry Almond Brown Ale.

Thoughts?

I tried a glass of almond milk for the first time the other day, I don't know if it would have enough flavor to do much, it was pretty thin imho. I wonder if you'd have to dump in a good gallon to get much out of it.

I unfortunately have no idea what milk or milk'ish products do when added to mash or boil, but I do like the idea of flavoring with almond in principle!

Its actually not a "milk". Since its not animal milk it has no lactose. I don’t think it even has cholesterol. Its practically ground up almonds with water.

I too was thinking its not very strong, thats why i was curious if anyone else has tried anyting with it. I wsa thinking at 10 min on a 60 min boil....but like i said, i have no idea if it will do anything.....good or bad.

I'd say you are better off buying a jar of Almond butter and working with that. Almond milk is mostly water, great in cereal if you can't handle cow milk.

Then again, the oils might kill your beer head.

Searched and searched this only thread I could find on almond milk! I was thinking of trying to make a car bomb stout with it, did you end up trying it?

Searched and searched this only thread I could find on almond milk! I was thinking of trying to make a car bomb stout with it, did you end up trying it?
Hmmm...that's how I ended up here. Going to stick a litre or 2 in my next pastry stout. I think it should work. Just a little bit of smoothness and sweetness.
Will report back soon !

Back