Almazan Kitchen Videos...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So the family and some other friends went to a friend's house to party this weekend. One of my friends tuned me into this YouTube cooking channel called Almazan Kitchen.

It's basically a guy cooking mostly in the woods over open fires while another guy films it. There is no talking, no drama, hardly anyone in the videos. Just cooking, the sounds of cooking, and the sounds of nature.

I found it to be a very refreshing and informative series of videos and I plan to copy a few of these recipes at home, ... er, I mean at the woods....

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRmwWIB0760[/ame]

Oldest and I tried making egg noodle pasta the other night, because of this show. Just something simple I've never done.

Didn't turn out right. I used a recipe I found online for measurements. Didn't realize they posted the recipes on the Almazan Youtube page.

Anyway, the dough was too thick and the noodles were possibly undercooked. I'll be making them again, rolling thinner and cooking a bit longer to find that sweet spot. Maybe try pasta without egg too.

In any case, we didn't hate it enough to not eat it all!

My Mortar and Pestle should be arriving tomorrow. I've been wanting one for homebrewing for a while now, and I took the opportunity to Amazon Prime one after watching them use one in a few of these videos.

I installed a fire pit in the back yard years ago when we were doing hobo pies regularly with friends. That went by the wayside years ago and I've been thinking about tearing it out so I don't have to mow around it and give the back yard a clean look again. Now I'm thinking about leaving it there and cooking over it!

Couple tips

Salt your minced garlic with pinch of sea salt and then mash it. Set it aside for 15-30min.

Add sichuan peppercorns (ground fresh)to the brown sugar and chile flake glaze.

Cool videos, I watched a couple of them...the giant steak one had my mouth watering. I like the lack of commentary and the sounds of the cooking. There's something about cooking meat over an open fire that makes you feel alive!

I have a granite mortar and pestle, use it all the time for grinding up spices for cooking and brewing. I mash up herbs from the garden in it too. I've read (and experienced) that the flavor from herbs crushed in a mortar and pestle are more intense compared to chopped. I guess when you're mushing up the herbs you rupture more cells making the flavor more lively. I pulled a couple ribeyes from the freezer yesterday, I think I'll have to start a fire tonight and make a little chimichurri!

Back