'Allo from Sacramento

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caphector

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Figured I'd stop by and introduce myself; I've been brewing for about eight months and I've done three batches so far; an IPA (Wasn't bitter enough since I forgot to dry hop), a Red Tail Ale clone (deemed "Unremarkable, like the beer it's based on" by tasters), and a honey porter (well-recieved as well). I've also got a mead in secondary that I need to rack off it's lees soon. It's turning out well, but went bitter when I tried force-carbonating a sample. :(

I started brewing for two reasons; one, I have two roommates that drink a lot of beer and love it, but don't really have the time to brew (School + one kid + another on the way) and so I can try to find a beer (or fermented beverage) that I like. I've tried a lot of beers and wines, but it seems my palette is over-sensitive to alcohol, so the flavor of the alcohol overwhelms most subtleties in the brew.

Also, it gives me an excuse to get more gadgets and cookware. Looking into a kegging setup so I can carbonate beer and make my own sodas. More gadgets is more better, right?

So, yeah. I'm making beer because it's fun, not for the finished product. :rockin: Here's hoping the mead turns out tasty!

Back