Allagash/Cantillon/RR "Wild Friendship" Collab

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBP

Reaction score
KNDu3LO.jpg

In case you didn't see the post on the Allagash or Cantillon facebook page today:

Per Allagash:
"The "Wild Friendship" was just blended, bottled and layed down at Brasserie Cantillon. Featuring a 3 year old Cantillon Lambic, 2 1/2 year old Allagash Coolship and a 2 year old Russian River Sonambic this is going to be delicious!

Jean at Cantillon said his goal was to find a balanced link between the 3 beers and "It will be a very good beer for sure".

BONUS: They sent us kegs filled with Cantillon Lambic so we can do a version here. Stay tuned for more information."
https://www.facebook.com/AllagashBrewingCompany/posts/725977937436765

Per Cantillon:
"1/3 Allagash Coolship, 1/3 Russian River Sonambic, 1/3 Cantillon Lambic, a lot of love for our beers and a bit of madness. The rebirth of the spontaneous fermented beers all over the world!"
https://www.facebook.com/permalink....295991783&id=110627652322553&substory_index=0

You may commence HNNGGing.

Am I crazy for not being super excited for this? Cantillon's random lambic blends always seem to taste basically the same, and I don't see why this would be different. It probably won't be distributed at all, so why all the fuss?

I'll likely be in Brussels sometime in July, and if Cantillon has it I'll try it, but if it never happens then oh well, not worth worrying about.

Am I crazy for not being super excited for this? Cantillon's random lambic blends always seem to taste basically the same, and I don't see why this would be different. It probably won't be distributed at all, so why all the fuss?

I'll likely be in Brussels sometime in July, and if Cantillon has it I'll try it, but if it never happens then oh well, not worth worrying about.
I don't think you quite understand the give-it-to-me-now chop-your-balls-off-with-a-meat-cleaver nature of the beer scene.

Because

Whales

Bro.

I'll be interested to see if RR and Allagash do release their own versions, and, if so, how.
Based on this quote from the Allagash post-

"BONUS: They sent us kegs filled with Cantillon Lambic so we can do a version here. Stay tuned for more information."

-it seems that they plan to. My guess would be either on draft at the tasting room only, or if it does get bottled maybe brewery-only 375mls for $15-20? Just wild speculation.

Last edited:
From Cantillon: "The Friendship blend will only be to taste during the UQintessence that will take place begin of May (more info follows on our website in the coming weeks) and there will be no bottles for sale."

sad_bull_dog.jpg

From Cantillon: "The Friendship blend will only be to taste during the UQintessence that will take place begin of May (more info follows on our website in the coming weeks) and there will be no bottles for sale."

I read about the October event, its something like 6 courses of food/cheese from Italian chefs, each paired with Cantillon beers (some courses had more than one, including Foune, 12 yr old gueuze, Iris, etc ). Plus other brewery beers...

IT cost 18 euro... ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?! A local bar here tried to do a similar event, the beer was Stone Vertical Epic though (i think 3-9 and 12,13?) and it cost over $200. Vertical Epic guys. $200.

America....

I read about the October event, its something like 6 courses of food/cheese from Italian chefs, each paired with Cantillon beers (some courses had more than one, including Foune, 12 yr old gueuze, Iris, etc ). Plus other brewery beers...

IT cost 18 euro... ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?! A local bar here tried to do a similar event, the beer was Stone Vertical Epic though (i think 3-9 and 12,13?) and it cost over $200. Vertical Epic guys. $200.

America....

end Upland insert name here rant/

Wait wait wait, so the collaboration will not be bottled at all?

And here I was about to draw up some very specific instructions for family who will be visiting Europe in late spring...

And here I was about to draw up some very specific instructions for family who will be visiting Europe in late spring...

Yeah I hear you. I think they might be bottling and only allowing onsite consumption, might be the easiest way for them. Pity, I had a guy in brussels ready to mule me one that I was going to surprise a regular trading partner with. Balls.

With Cantillon sending kegs to Allagash & RR for them to blend their own, I guess it's possible they might bottle and release the resulting blend... though I think it's unlikely.

Here's hoping I'm proven wrong!

It'll probably be bottled just because that's the best way to do lambic, I think he means that no bottles will be sold. Though I guess he could've just mixed the 3 kegs together and put them back into kegs...

IT cost 18 euro...

****...May huh?
So this is what your Facebook post was referencing, huh?

Yeah. Bottles will still make their way into the wild.
KaZMSeC.png

Back