All six are up!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuinrearview

Reaction score
My zues finally broke ground yesterday after damn near a month in the ground. That makes me six for six. Whew! The goldings and wilamette that I planted at a friend's seem to be doing the best with four shoots each, although I haven't seen the sterling since I put it in the ground. My boss wanted to try his hand at growing and I haven't been back over there but he told me last week that she was up. The newport and centennial that are on my property are doing well with one shoot and a good amount of leaves so far. The real test will come in a couple weeks when it's time to train up the steel guy wires. I hope they hold. Two of the three cascades that I split from a six year old crown this spring are just started to train today but all three are green and leafy. My three second years are doing great! The beast of the three, mt. hood, is about four feet up the rope with some pencil-thick bines and the hallertau and centennial are working on two feet.

I can pretty safely say that I have nine varieties with 12 plants. Should be a minimum of six pounds dry in a couple of years. Once mature I should be hop independent other than Amarillo and Simcoe, which I can't live without. At the point that they (fingers crossed) become available to grow I'll have to build a structure as I have exhausted my available resources for natural trellis.

Back