all simco ipa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
simcoe good. do it

I've never done it, so you have to. for SCIENCE!

good luck with this and all future brewing. come back and post your results.

actually jus put together an all simcoe ipa recipe for a second runnings of a partigyle with only a fwh and all late hops. go a few things in the pipeline before this but very excited for it. love simcoe

I have 3 ounces of simcoe and plenty of grains. Let me know how it turns out. I can't wait to try these hops out

For our wedding brew, we did a 7% IPA with 5oz Simcoe in the boil and 2 dry hop. 85~ IBU and was delicious.

We have one that is probably about ready to keg. 100IBU, 6oz in th eboil, 3 dry hop. 100~ IBU. Smells awesome.

I like some Simcoe.

Ok its in the fermenter. My steeping grains were 1/2 pound of carapils. 1/2 pound Vienna. 1 pound biscuit. Steeped at 154 for 1 hour. 6.6 pounds golden light lme 1 pound of light dme. 1 oz simcoe @60 minutes 1 oz simcoe at 40 minutes. 1 oz simcoe @ 50 minutes and 1 oz simcoe at flame out. Pitched white labs California ale yeast.

Your recipe is very similar to one I just kegged, which turned out absolutely awesome. I used farmhouse's Exp 5236 hops which I understand are similar to Simcoe.

I did a partial mash with a grain bill of 2# 2-row, 2# briess pale ale malt, half pound CaraPils, .25# carahell, and .5# cara40. I also added 3.15lb of northern brewer's new ipa superstructure lme, and 3# golden light dme.

3 oz of hops throughout the boil and 1 oz dry hop.

I was hoping for almost a red ipa that would become my house ipa, and this nailed it.

Simcoe IPAs are great! I made one back in April. Honestly the best IPA I've ever had.

DO IT!

Recipe I used. Got it from Brooklyn brew shops book.

11.5 pounds Belgian
Pilsner malt, 2.5 pounds
Vienna malt, 0.5
pound Biscuit malt, 0.5
pound Aromatic malt 60

3 ounces
Simcoe hops, divided into
sixths

My "Sh@&! I'm running out of beer, better get something in the keg quick" beer is a Simcoe Pale Ale. 6 lbs Light DME, 2 oz Simcoe (1 @ 60, 1 @ 10.) I can throw it together mid week in a couple of hours, and have a keg ready to drink in a couple of weeks. I pretty much keep this one in stock.

Latest posts

Back