All in one, Beer Fridge and Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murph69

Reaction score
Hey, had anyone built an all in one fridge/fermenter, thus using the cooling parts from a mini fridge?
I’m looking to build something that will hold for canisters and a 5 gallon carboy, for camping in my RV.
I think I would need two temperature controllers; One to regulate the temperature of the canisters, and another, to regulate some sort of device that would open and close to control an enclosed compartment for the higher temperatures of the fermentation.

Sounds like a challenge. I haven't, but I can think of some solutions. The simplest is to bottle the beer and keep it on ice in a cooler or in the RV fridge if you have one. Or put the fermenter in a separate cooler with ice packs, the Cool Brewing bag seems like a good fit, as it collapses when not in use. More complicated would be to use a cooling coil, controller and pump from your fridge to your fermentation chamber. Good luck, keep us posted.

Sounds like a challenge. I haven't, but I can think of some solutions. The simplest is to bottle the beer and keep it on ice in a cooler or in the RV fridge if you have one. Or put the fermenter in a separate cooler with ice packs, the Cool Brewing bag seems like a good fit, as it collapses when not in use. More complicated would be to use a cooling coil, controller and pump from your fridge to your fermentation chamber. Good luck, keep us posted.
We will be in the RV for about a year, We want to be able to brew while on the road, and we are already set up with 4 canisters and CO2,

I have this small bar fridge that holds my fermenting vessel perfectly.
While I’m off camping, and it’s time to brew some beer, does anyone know if I could remove the keg place it along side the fridge and then use a few feet of hose coiled up inside the fridge, to continue to consume beer while my fermentation process completes.
I guess, the question that I’m asking is, does beer in a sealed vessel not do well with fluctuating temperatures?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back