All Galena Black IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pentachris

Reaction score
I've got a pound of 2010 galena hops I need to use, and my wife is expecting a baby in about two weeks, so I'd like to brew with them this weekend. The sticker says 11% AA, they're vac-packed, and they've been kept frozen. I've got an eight gallon brew kettle and a 10 gallon MLT, so my plan is to make a double PM batch of something like this, split it in half and top the halves off with water to make two 5-gallon batches.

I don't really feel confident in my Beersmith kung fu. Here's a screenshot of the recipe I created using the Bell's recipe as a launch pad. Suggestions?

(Yes, I know my hops won't still be 11% like I've got in Beersmith. It'll be close enough.)

Forgot to mention - I substituted Caraaroma for Carabelge because belge wasn't in 'smith and I didn't know what was a good substitute. I think my LHBS has belge. If not, it would be nice if someone knew what would make a good sub. Thanks!

Back