All Day IPA 50% Corn?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natdavis777

Reaction score
I was on my way home from work and stopped in the LQ to picked up some Mosaic Promise and All Day to sip on during the Wings game tonight. I called a buddy to invite him and we got on the topic of session IPAs. He then told me his recent trip to Michigan, he was informed by a brewer close to Founders that they use Pils, 50% corn, and oats for body for the All Day. Now I will admit there isnt much backbone to the beer in the malt category, but I can definitely tell there is maize in my Cream Ale @ 15%.

What are others thoughts? I dont know if I 100% believe this until I get more evidence.

Caviet... If this is the true grain bill, Im not offended by it, I just dont taste corn at all, and wonder why they would go with adjunct over malt and just lower the malt bill...

According to the brewer Kozmicki or however you spell it at the NHC in Grand Rapids, It's 50% 2-row, 20% oats, the rest wasn't specified but said there was carapils, English crystal, and at least one more thing.

20% oats in all day seems extremely high. I don't get that kind of mouthfeel from it. I'd be surprised if there is oats in it at all.

I doubt there is corn either. Likely 2 row, carapils and a touch of crystal.

EDIT: Based on the few clone's I've seen, i'm spot on.

Latest posts

Back