Airlock noise

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kgraber

Reaction score
My raspberry wheat which has been fermenting for a few days is making a light whistling noise at times. I'm assuming this is normal?

Tap it, it will probably stop if you want it to. Really what do you think it means, your beer is infected? ;) It just means that the co2 is vibrating something as it is escaping.

Is there water in the airlock by the way?

bubble bubble. check your water level in your airlock. if it dries up sometimes it will hiss

Yep, there is water in the airlock. Just wanted to check. Not worried about the beer being infected.

Last guy that I saw post here doing a raspberry wheat with a whistling airlock got a face full of beer spray when he removed the airlock :)

Rev.

Last guy that I saw post here doing a raspberry wheat with a whistling airlock got a face full of beer spray when he removed the airlock :)

Rev.

that happened to my walls the night i set it to ferment. Went with a blowoff tube after that then back to an airlock once things settled down.

Thats the Beer Angels whistling while they turn your sugary muck into the greatest thing on Earth or in Heaven - BEER!

Back