AHS Instructions Online?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoisePorter

Reaction score
Does anyone know if AHS puts their recipe instructions online (similar to how midwest does)?

Thanks

I don't believe they do but I bet if you ask nicely in an email they would send it to you. Be sure to specify Extract, Mini-Mash or AG.

My assumption as to why they don't is the detail they have in their instructions. I just got 3 AGs kit that list specific types and amounts of grains and adjuncts. You could easily use their instructions as a recipe and buy your stuff elsewhere to produce the same product, which is why I probably won't. It was my first time shopping with them, but I will admit to being impressed with he quality and attention to detail.

+1 what isb says!!

If you want INSTRUCTIONS that is one thing but ingredients! That is another! They have so many awesome kits is silly - I've only had many 3 I didn't like (about 5% that would be).

My assumption as to why they don't is the detail they have in their instructions. I just got 3 AGs kit that list specific types and amounts of grains and adjuncts. You could easily use their instructions as a recipe and buy your stuff elsewhere to produce the same product, which is why I probably won't. It was my first time shopping with them, but I will admit to being impressed with he quality and attention to detail.

Midwest and Northern have the ingredients listed for their kits.

Midwest and Northern have the ingredients listed for their kits.

I am not tearing anyone down, just saying that I had a positive experience with AHS even though their instructions are not online. I would like for AHS to post the instructions, but it won't stop me from buying from them.

I am not tearing anyone down, just saying that I had a positive experience with AHS even though their instructions are not online. I would like for AHS to post the instructions, but it won't stop me from buying from them.

I wasn't either. Just trying to include all the facts. My first brew will be a recipe kit from AHS. Packaging and instructions were top notch.

I was only asking because I wanted to see what their procedures were/are for the mini-mash kits.

You guys are talking about two different things (beer making instructions and beer kit ingredients).

Forrest has answered this many times - with something like 1600 recipes, he doesn't want all of that information available directly on the interwebz. But, if you buy his, say, Harpoon IPA clone, it will have the ingredients on the instruction sheet so if you want to brew it again, you can get your stuff from wherever.

As for "instructions" - there's really so many ways to do things, it wouldn't make much sense to have those on his store's website. That's, in my opinion, makes HBT and other resources of extreme value to be able to discuss pros/cons of different techiques - which leaves the LHBS' to do what they do - sell stuff.

All you need to do is call and ask. They are great at customer service, especially if you need some help in the brewing process. I speak from experience. They are friendly and don't make you feel stupid.

I was only asking because I wanted to see what their procedures were/are for the mini-mash kits.[/QUOT

e-mail them and they will give you whatever info you are looking for. Their mini mash kits are for 2.5-3 gallon partial boils, and require no additional equiptment than what you would use for extract brewing. I buy most of my kits from them.....great service and great products.

Good luck!:mug:

Sheeldon is right - call and ask. They don't post their recipes on account of competitive reasons, and while they declined to give me the grain bill of a particular recipe (a clone I had found other recipes for - and was interested in their own take on the recipe), they did confirm hop variety for me.

just buy a AG kit with dry yeast,, you wont be disappointed if you follow the directions and you will have a good beer, with a good yeast harvest for the next one with the grain and hops bill.
they are great on the phone and *know*

I have some mini mash instructions i can scan and send you if you want. PM me.

Simply put, we remove 2 pounds of the liquid malt extract and replace it with 2 1/2 pounds of base grain. The main difference is that you need to steep the grain for 45 minutes instead of 20 minutes. Other than that it is the same as the extract.

Easy as cake. Piece of pie.

I heard from someone that Austin Homebrew has the best recipe kits. You should try it.

Forrest

Latest posts

Back