AHS holiday ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

george3819

Reaction score
Brewed a holiday ale kit a few weeks ago with spices and OG 1.051 FG checked out 1.012. This is right where the directions say it should be. I tasted it after checking the gravity and don't really taste the spices. Did I mess up or are they that subtle. Spices were nutmeg, cinnamon, and mace.

george3819 said:
Brewed a holiday ale kit a few weeks ago with spices and OG 1.051 FG checked out 1.012. This is right where the directions say it should be. I tasted it after checking the gravity and don't really taste the spices. Did I mess up or are they that subtle. Spices were nutmeg, cinnamon, and mace.

There will be much more noticeable flavors when it is carbed and finished. I wouldn't worry about it at this point.

That's kind of what I figured. I tasted a couple of holiday ales and they taste similar.

I brewed the Northern Brewer Smashing Pumpkin ale, which came with a small packet of spices. At first, it didn't taste much of the spices, but over the last few weeks this beer has gotten really yummy. So I think the spices are adding to the quality.

Back