AHA Forum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redrocker652002

Reaction score
I know some of the folks here are also on the AHA forum. I am a bit curious if anybody else has been banned from posting in the forum? No message, no reason, but I got banned until Oct of 2024? Seems that if I did something wrong I would get a warning or some sort of message explaining why I got banned. Nothing. I know this is not the best place to discuss other forums, but like I said, I know some of the folks here are on AHA as well. Can anybody give me any idea if this is standard operating procedure for the AHA? Thanks to all, and if it is better a PM would work as well. If it matters, this forum is my go to, but it just upsets me that I get banned and have no idea why.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

Dino

I've never actually even looked at their forums before, but when I did just now, I get:

Obviously, not a member nor am I logged in.
Thank you for the reply. That was the message I got as well. Wonder if it is just an issue with the site. I post more here anyway, but there are a couple of folks there that I like to hear what they have to say about my stupid questions. LOL.

I know some of the folks here are also on the AHA forum. I am a bit curious if anybody else has been banned from posting in the forum? No message, no reason, but I got banned until Oct of 2024?
I've been registered there for years but not logged in for maybe a year+, I've just tried and I can log in fine, but get the same message about being banned until October.

I imagine they've restricted posting rights to actual members - which is understandable I guess, although annoying. One reason why people are tightening up on that kind of thing is the rise of AI users, which are getting quite sophisticated in some cases (but really obvious in others).

Ditto, I have been banned. I wondered if it might have something to do with the Brewer's Association not wanting anything to do with homebrewers anymore. Oh well. I hang out on a dozen other forums, and traffic had already slowed to a crawl, so I don't need to be on that one if they don't want us. Or, somebody just fat-fingered, it's happened in the past.

Just checked, and I can login fine, no ban message. Rarely go there anyway though...

Maybe they’ve gotten tired of all the criticism they’ve come under lately. I don’t see the AHA being relevant or even an organization in the near future.

Maybe they’ve gotten tired of all the criticism they’ve come under lately.
Doubtful.

Early this morning, I saw a "spam" post early that has since been removed. This happens from time to time in all discussion forums.

"Simplest thing possible" would be to assume that that the 'ban' was accidentally related to the removal of that message.

I don’t see the AHA being relevant or even an organization in the near future.
IIRC, the 2024 National Homebrew Competition has around 4000 entries at the regional level.

Yes, AHA is going through some changes.

Personally, I'm (slowly) "heading to the sidelines" ...

🎵
"So don't yield to the fortunes​
You sometimes see as fate​
It may have a new perspective​
On a different day"​
🎵

but feel free to ...

🎵
"Kick 'em when they're up​
Kick 'em when they're down​
Kick 'em when they're up​
Kick 'em all around"​
🎵

As I've mentioned occasionally, one of my other hobbies is night time astronomy.

One of the astronomy forums that I follow is both active (on a daily basis) and focused on the hobby.

Some thoughts on allowing discussion to occur:
  • wait until the 2nd page (roughly reply 40) to "meme" a topic
  • wait until the 2nd page (roughly reply 40) to declare "Problem solved"
  • wait until the 2nd page (roughly reply 40) to declare "it's just repackaged ..."
  • wait until the 2nd page (roughly reply 40) to declare "it's too expensive ..."
Write the forum you want to read.

And, occasionally, "fight" for the forum you want to read.

Thanks all. I hesitated posting this as I know sometimes cross posting on different forums is frowned upon. But, I got an email from somebody there and it appears it was a programming error I think. I have not read it all, but assume that to be the case. I have to admit that most of my information and learning comes from the good folks here, but there are a few over there that I respect their advice and input.

Either way, Mods, please take this post down if needed. I got the answer I was looking for and probably should not have even posted this here anyway. My apologies to any who may have been put off by this. Now, ROCK ON!!!!!!! LOL

How often does this come up in astronomy?
There are occasional discussions around product lines and components. But in general, if you lurk in a topic on looking at stars with a specific product, no one does a drive-by post making claims on a product.

So let's take that idea back to brewing at home.

What could be interesting about dry yeast products is that some of them appear to be a blend of different strains of yeast. Or a slightly different strain when carefully compared to the other 3 or 4 similar products from different suppliers.

Maybe it was your username and an offense-content filter? My GF and I always gave our vehicles names, and since I was disabled I had to get rid of my Jeep for a vehicle more ergonomically suited to my needs and unfortunately that meant a mini-van. (It's low enough I can get in and out easy and has a sliding door for my groceries right behind the drivers side with high enough floor I don't have to bend and reach much...I hate mini-vans unless they're used for frieght or service vehicles!)... In any event; I named my van 'Red Rocket'... I don't know if you saw that South Park episode in which Cartman discovered a 'cool trick' dogs can do, but my girlfriend refuses to use that name for my van because of it. :p
:mug:

Latest posts

Back