Aging Homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

temptnmonkey

Reaction score
I wanted to age a couple bottles of homebrew just to see how they taste over time.

Might be a silly question, but to age them do I just let the yeast condition in suspension (as they have been) or cold crash them in the fridge for a couple days to knock down most of the yeast, and then age them at normal temp?

Thanks and cheers!

I wanted to age a couple bottles of homebrew just to see how they taste over time.

Might be a silly question, but to age them do I just let the yeast condition in suspension (as they have been) or cold crash them in the fridge for a couple days to knock down most of the yeast, and then age them at normal temp?

Thanks and cheers!

After you bottle them, just store them in a cool, dark place (not cold, but basement temps or slightly higher). No need to cold crash.

I keep at least one bottle of every batch. I just put them in my closet and let them sit. I try to drink them sometime after the one year anniversary of bottling. Never had a problem with keeping them that long.

Back