Age and daily beer consumption.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turning 30 this month, Mon-Thursday I don't drink any alcohol. Friday and Saturday usually 2-6, and maybe 1-2 on Sunday.

I'm 30, and I drink at least a pint/bottle a day. Sometimes a few more, and usually a lot more when I go to my dad's or my brothers are in from out of state.

46. I'll have 2-5 pints a night during the week. Double that on wknds.I'm on call for a week,every 5,so I don't drink anything that week.

Just turned 60. Usually 2, occasionally 3, and all before or with dinner. Nothing after 7:00 or I drop off to sleep normally, but wake up at 2-3am and am up for the rest of the night.
And really age has nothing to do with it, I've never been able to drink late.

Turning 30 this month, Mon-Thursday I don't drink any alcohol. Friday and Saturday usually 2-6, and maybe 1-2 on Sunday.

Also turning 30 this month, also just became a first time father.

No alcohol through the week. Maybe 1-2 on the weekend.

Brewing only milds, bitters, and other light/session beers this year (if I get the time!)

Also turning 30 this month, also just became a first time father.

No alcohol through the week. Maybe 1-2 on the weekend.

Brewing only milds, bitters, and other light/session beers this year (if I get the time!)

Congrats on becoming a father! I have two kids myself (4 & 7) and I'm 36 so very similar timing. When they get older they get more involved in activities so your time is still very involved. So it's different demands but it's all worth it 200%! Anyhow finding time to brew still feels hard for me sometimes but my kids sure know the brewing process. My oldest can't wait to try it when she's older she said. Well I let her take a sip of the OG sample (before the yeast was pitched) and let me say she may never drink beer after that. It was quite hilarious. She used to tell people I let her try beer but now she knows it wasn't beer but instead wort. Which still gets funny reactions from people.

I resemble that! But only 56 and retired at 46 with a bad back and shoulders and wrists...

I'll be 66 next month, I really don't count but I drink beer just about every day, a keg seems to last a little over a week at my house with two of us. I usually start in mid afternoon (retired) and sip slowly until I go to bed, depending of course on hat I'm doing and only at home. I'm never inebriated and I try to take my time but I do enjoy my beer. What I do kinda worry about is my growing beer gut.....

56 and who is counting! See above post! It is a muscle relaxer that works far better than the meds the docs threw at me that gave me a heart attack.. some days 2-3 some days drink enough to not hurt anymore...

32 a couple weeks ago. Have a 1 year old so I don't overdue it. 0-2 pints a night/morning (I work shift work and love a beer when I get home after 12 hours plus a hour drive one way. On my days off it can go from 1 to 4 depending on what I am drinking.

23 years old, love to brew but not drinking so much, 1/4 pints a week

Almost 53, avg 2-4 per night, generally not more than that and never past 8:30 (unless I feel like it, which does happen regularly). Cheers!

Have drinks 2 or 3 nights a week, seeking no more than 50ml alcohol (3x12oz x 5% = 53ml), but commonly over 40ml, so assuming 2.5 nights a week I drink 45ml of alcohol, that becomes 6.3 beers a week. I tend to go for a bomber or pint of something around 8% or if lighter range (4-5%) I like a nice liter. I guess you could round that up to 7 as there is an occasional heedless night.. and holidays and such.

You're all liers..... Men and women lie both up and down.

Men "Up" lies ...... How big was the fish, How many women they've slept with, their income, how much they can bench press

Men "Down" lies ....... How much they drink, there income... on their tax filings, how often they masterbate

I find it interesting that an "Up" lie for a man can be a down lie for a women.... for instance, women lie about how many men they've slept with, usually cutting the real number in half. They sometimes also always lie about how many women they've slept with.

52 years old. I usually have 1 beer a night when I get home from work after my normal 12-13 hours. On the 1 day off I get, I may have 2 or 3 beers. I rarely drink anything other than beer.

Almost 50. I only have two beers per day....the first one and the last one.

In reality it's about 2 pints on weeknights and I don't count them on weekends. I've been known to kill a 24 pack on a weekend, albeit light commercial stuff.

36 and normally 3-5 12 ouncers on a weeknight and 5-8 on the weekends. Haven't homebrewed in quite a long time, so I've been drinking only commercial. Changing that this weekend though.

Hang in there mate.... Once you get past your course work and qualifying exams things settle down for awhile... You're buried in research but it's not quite as stressful as pulling a full load with quals on the horizon.

Although, after passing my dissertation defense, I had 3rd & 4th year grad students tell me that it was the 1st time they'd seen me smile... So it wasn't a cake walk. 6.5 yrs for masters and PhD.

And to get back on topic... 49, 3-4 12oz / night... an occasional glass or two of wine with dinner... Some times a cognac or port after dinner, Some times a night cap of scotch, rum, or vodka. Usually not all on the same night...

Usually 😀

If you don't mind me asking what did you get your doctorate in?

With my program that I'm in the first year I take courses and after that it's research and check ups at certain points. After this semester I'm done with courses, my project is metabolomics using high resolution mass spectrometry and new ionization techniques. Lol I can only imagine their reaction. Normally I'm happy go lucky, only because I let go. Ha.

Back on course well... I still have been having several drinks. Bad days, spilling 12 gallons of chilled 1.067sg wort causing a 12+ day. But minimum is 3 pints.

almost 35 and I drink about 2-4 pints 5 times a week. The average is probably about 2-3 a night when I drink but 3-4 on the weekends.

Me like beer.

50 here, 1-2 (12 oz) weeknights, 2-3 weekend nights. Drink a lot more than when I was younger, but drink a lot less per sitting. Oh, and about 10x better quality now :)

I'm 40. I have 4 taps and barely an evening goes by when I don't take 12oz off each. Maybe 3 or 4 times a week I'll hit the 6-8 drink mark. Been wanting to step up to a 10 tap keezer but I'm a little afraid of how that'll increase my sampling.

Mine are all 5-10% ABV and I have to admit I love the stronger end of the spectrum. If I put in a good day at work and the music is going in the garage, I might hit 12 over 6 or 7 hours. I sleep like a baby and feel like a million bucks each morning.

I'm 31 and generally have 1 12oz serving during the week, 2-3 on the weekend (Friday counts as the weekend, right?).

34. Except for rare occasions, I only drink on Saturday and Sunday. Then it'll usually be 4-6 12 ounce drinks per day.

I've never been one to absolutely insist on quality over quantity. I tend to find some enjoyment out of almost every beer I consume. Since I've started homebrewing though, the necessity for collecting pry top bottles has lead me to some better beers than I had been drinking. For instance, I have a cream ale in the fermenter right now, and luck would have it that I happened upon a commercial cream ale made by a local brewhouse. Seemed like a great opportunity to sample a professional version of what I'm trying to create. Turns out I like cream ale quite a bit. When mine is properly aged and conditioned I plan on doing a side-by-side comparison to see what differences I can perceive. So my appreciation for beer already feels like it's grown quite a bit at this early stage.

7-8 pints per weekday and usually 20 pints (combined) over the weekend.

Speaking of which, I need a beer. @revkev @patrickgoss

7-8 pints per weekday and usually 20 pints (combined) over the weekend.

Speaking of which, I need a beer.

Your liver is probably in a bad shape! You better reduce if you want to reach 40.

I'm 34 and I drink roughly 6 to 8 12oz per week

55 and just getting out of my teen years.

I have a 5 tap system and like to sample around a bit. I found 10 ounce glasses the shape of a Queen's pint glass in pubs. I sometimes have 3 daily or 30oz total....close to two pints.

Weekends about the same and I brew on Saturdays often. I distill too so my first rule of business is never drink when brewing/distilling. When sampling my running's to make cuts, I taste and spit. Make too many mistakes otherwise.

33 and I have probably 4-6 pints a day. Even with 2 small children, work obligations, loads of responsibility, I will probably sneak at least two in around dinner and 2 more after the kiddos are in bed... that's 4 minimum every day. More on special occasions or if the wifey and I get a sitter or something. I think some of you guys are saying 1-3 when you really mean 4 a day. Come on now... be honest!

Just to point out that unless you state the ABV of your drinks, or count in alcohol units, these consumptions are impossible to evaluate. For example a persons that drinks "two pints" of 11% Imperial Ale is actually having 7 of what doctors call "glasses" of wine or beer or whiskey, while a person that drinks two pints of Berliner weisse at 3.7% ABV is barely having 3.5 of those "glasses"

And also alcohol affects differently persons with different body mass. Thus, if you weight 300 pounds you would be almost unaffected by a pint of Imperial ale, while a person of 110 pounds would be considered drunk after having the same.

Certainly age is one thing but there many other factors that render alcohol consumption difficult to evaluate.

I have a 3 tap system. .50 pint of each every other day ( got to make sure it is still good...)
weekends, 4-5 pints, more if I am working the grill.
:mug:

Just to point out that unless you state the ABV of your drinks, or count in alcohol units, these consumptions are impossible to evaluate. For example a persons that drinks "two pints" of 11% Imperial Ale is actually having 7 of what doctors call "glasses" of wine or beer or whiskey, while a person that drinks two pints of Berliner weisse at 3.7% ABV is barely having 3.5 of those "glasses"

And also alcohol affects differently persons with different body mass. Thus, if you weight 300 pounds you would be almost unaffected by a pint of Imperial ale, while a person of 110 pounds would be considered drunk after having the same.

Certainly age is one thing but there many other factors that render alcohol consumption difficult to evaluate.

Profound!.......;)

If you don't mind me asking what did you get your doctorate in?

I was geophysics & space physics at UCLA during the 90's.

1st year was almost all course work, leading up to a PhD Qualifying Exam... Passing that earned you an MS and the right to go on to the PhD. Then you had a year or two of PhD level classed while exploring research topics... needed 12 credit-hours to stay full time.

During research/dissertation writing you could take 12 credit-hours of "directed research/Independent study" to stay full time without having to take an actual class. That was a nice respite from the classwork+research grind.

Average time to PhD in our program was 6.5 years coming in with only a BS. I made it in 7ish... Would've gone longer but I got a job offer and had to crank out the dissertation on a deadline. :eek:

Back