After Malting Comes Drying... Inexpensive electric drying rack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stake

Reaction score
Love malting my own grain, Mostly 6 row seed barley but I have malted wheat and rye too... I've built my drier for after malting. It is heated by two inexpensive electric heaters pushing through the bottom of the racks, while two computer fans pull the heated air through the grain. Currently it is configured for 8 homemade trays using wood and door screen. This drying rack will Typically dry 8-10 lbs of malted grain in 12-14 hours at 120 degrees (max heat setting) using 4 trays...(It has a capacity of holding 20 lbs of grain at a time) Duct tape is used to seal the seams and door. (the door tape seal is similar to that of a refrigerator, by folding the duct and creating a "tube" that when the door closes the tape collapses and creates the seal) Castors are added to the base so it's easy to move into a corner for storage... Mind you this is made on a less than $75.00 budget

IMAG0396.jpg
IMAG0397.jpg
IMAG0398.jpg

Back