after bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicissitude

Reaction score
After i add priming sugar and bottle my beer (and 2 weeks has passed) does it matter if i refrigerate the beer or leave it room temperature? Does it matter if i refrigerate it and then take it out and leave it at room temperature again? Reason i ask is because im bringing some beers to co-workers and want to know if i should take precautions to keep it cool while it sits in the car for 6+ hours.

Nah. I have never had a problem with keeping my HB warm. As long as it's not like 90F.

as medic said research has shown that as long as you go between room temp chilled and back it should not affect the taste of the beer. if you start doing major swings in temp though it will alter the taste.

I let a 6 pack of my best brew sit in the car for a few hours. Realized my mistake when I opened the door and the heat hit me. One bottle did nothing but foam. One bottle was flat the rest had an off taste, kinda flat. They were the only bottles like that in the batch. Lesson learned.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I moved cross country recently and had no other choice than to put some bottles of my low abv american wheat in my enclosed trailer for the long haul. They absolutely were exposed to 100F ambient temps, no idea what the temp was inside the trailer. I still have a few of these bottles in the fridge now and they taste just fine. It's probably not "ideal" but it won't necessarily kill the beer.

Naa ur good bro. Just have them chillin down before the drink it obviously. Make sure the bottles r kept standing up and not laying down. Obviously tell them to drink it out of a glass and leave about a eighth of an inch left in the bottle to reduce sediment

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back