Advice required.......Beer Enhancer v Priming Sugar.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Mitchell

Reaction score
Hello one and all,

My name is Alan and im a newbie here and to home brew. I have had 1 failed attempted at a Timothy Taylor landlord beer. Now I am going to try a supposedly easy tin kit. My question is if using a king keg top tap set up, would you use a beer enhancer or priming sugar or both?

Thanks

Alan

I would just use sugar. I think beer enhancer has some unfermentables in it (maltodextrin) mixed with sugar. So you would need more beer enhancer than sugar to get the same carbonation. And not knowing the fermentability of the enhancer, you would not know how much to use.

I too would also use sugar for the same reasons that Calder said. I recommend using corn sugar, instead of using regular table sugar. Table sugar is sweeter than corn sugar & could give you a cider like flavor in the finished beer if you add to much. Hope this helped you out.

Back