Advice needed: Splitting a batch, backsweetening with Sucralose

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bradinator

Reaction score
Hey all,

I recently made a 5 gallon batch of Skeeter Pee and it ended up being a twice as strong as I wanted. I was thinking that after it ferments out I could rack it onto 5 gallons of boiled and cooled water, backsweetened with Sucralose.

My main question is how much Sucralose should be used? I would like to avoid having the final product overly sweet.

The other question is can this even work or has anyone tried something similar to this?

give it a test with a sampling and then you'll know for sure. Be sure to carefully record the volumes of water, sugar etc, try multiple ratios and well... see what you like and then scale it up for the full five gallons.

could be fun to do with a good drinking/brewing buddy...hell I'd come join you but alas I am far...

Thanks! I had not thought about doing a small tester first and scaling up after.

Back