Admitting a new member to the club!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmendez29

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've been brewing for a few years, off and on. At some point, I realized I had all the equipment I needed to make the wine in a box kits and did that for a bit. A buddy of mine had an interest in the wine, so I showed him what I know about it. We split the cost on a couple of kits and made it on my equipment, and he eventually bought his own equipment with his wife's consent.

We were having a conversation a couple months ago and he rather casually mentioned that he wouldn't mind learning how to make beer as well. Part of it was because he knows that I have all the equipment for it, but mostly a genuine interest. The last couple months have been ridiculously busy for me so I haven't done anything. About a week ago, we were drinking some Two Hearted Ale and he casually mentioned brewing again. I told him that I had bought a Dead Ringer kit from Northern Brewer a couple weeks ago and I need to make it soon. His eyes lit up, and now he's coming over as soon as he gets out of work.

I'm so excited about this. This will be the second opportunity that I've had to get someone into brewing and I think this one will actually pan out. I can't wait!

Back