Adjuncts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You think you're the only one?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Home Brew mobile app

Lol....my phone had a brainfart during posting. My brew buddy and I were brewing this wknd and during conversation...came to the conclusion that everytime we add something to. Our batches, other than the norm. Ex....hazelnts, pupkin, lactose....we have problems with bottle carbonation. I was gonna do a carmel apple ale this wknd and wanted to bottle. But nearvous. I saw a product called prime dose in the latest midwest catalog and it gaurantees carbonation with 2 pills per bottle.
Does anyone else have this issues? Has anyone tried prime dose?
I have only 1 keg, so need to bottle a batch...apple ale will be that one

There really shouldnt be a problem. Verify fg, calculate sugar, bottle and keep at 70-75F until ready. What sort of problems are you having? How long are you giving thr bottles and at what temp? Big beers take longer

Most of my beers have been around 4.5 to 5.5 abv. I do 5 gal. Batches and add the standerd 3/4 of a cup of dextose. Usually premeasured pouches from the local hbs. I usually condition for 3 wks. All my batches that are standerd come out fine. I did a pumpkin, and even after 12 weeks... no carb. My buddy did a hazelnut brown...same thing. His milk stout has been conditioning for 4 wk.s. we tried a 22 yesterday... my glass (1st pour) retained head and had slight carb. His glass (2nd pour) had none. I think his will be alright in a cple more wk.s
(Just weird that's its only when we add flaverings

Maybe try adding some yeast when you bottle these types of beer? Can I assume you leave these types of beers in a secondary for a longer period of time? There should still be enough yeast but its worth a shot.

Thanx for the advise. When I do my my apple ale this wknd...I'm gonna order some of the "prime dose" product.
Id I have no carb in 3 to 4 weeks I will rack it to keg

Back