adding gingercake to beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simmy72

Reaction score
Hi all! fairly new to home brew, extremely new to forums! I'm in Scotland and just purchased a dark velvet stout from Wilkos and I would like to add a jamaica ginger cake to it for a nice winter pint. Does anyone have any experience of this or similar. Cheers in advance, Mark.:rockin:

Ok, wait. You want to put a CAKE in your beer?? There may be a dialect issue happening. In American it sounds like you want to put a CAKE, made with Ginger, in your beer kit...

Please tell me this is a simple misunderstanding!

If not, I would suggest adding a bit of ginger, and whatever other spices go into Ginger Cake, into the beer, and drinking it while enjoying a nice piece of Ginger Cake.

Be careful if there are any preservatives if it's a commercial made/packaged cake... may make fermentation a bit off/stall, etc.

I added a whole box of graham crackers to a pumpkin barleywine... why? why the hell not :). Just be careful if it's your first few brews as well... Experementing is fun, but it's hard in the beginning unless you know what may go wrong.

Back