Active fermentation but no airlick activity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsyoung

Reaction score
So I brewed 2.5 gallons on Friday and I know fermentation is occurring bc I can see it but there has been no airlock activity. It's in a bucket and the lid is tight and secure so I'm pretty sure there is no leak. Could it be that it's 2.5 gallons in a 5 gallon bucket? Any thoughts? Thanks

Plastic buckets are notoriously leaky. You have a leak. Either that or else your CO2 created a singularity, a wormhole into another dimension and is escaping that way. I'm 100% sure it's one of these two possibilities.

SpeedYellow said:
Plastic buckets are notoriously leaky. You have a leak. Either that or else your CO2 created a singularity, a wormhole into another dimension and is escaping that way. I'm 100% sure it's one of these two possibilities.

Well that sucks. Any thoughts on what I should do? Just hope I don't get an infection. Transfer to another bucket?

Meh, no worries about infection because of a leaky bucket. I have had a few like this where I *swear* the lid is tight, but its not. No worries. You could pert near leave the lid off during active fermentation. Nothing is getting in there.

Latest posts

Back