Acquiring kegs - legally

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
;)

Look up the DFH Score thread and somewhere in there you can read all the actual legal stuff if you want. I allowed myself to get a little flustered by the guy who doubted me so I wrote it all up in that thread.

Have to agree with that logic.
My uncle put it best... if the deposit isn't punitive enough, there is no incentive to bring it back. Whoever thought $30 was punitive enough of a deposit on kegs, obviously never actually bought a keg. Thank god MI finally changed their deposit to $30, so there is at least a little more compensation on missing kegs (versus $10), but it still is ridiculous.
With my background, I am uncomfortable taking a keg for $30, but with the available channels I have, I don't have to either. I do have keggles, but mine were provided by the brewery I used to work for, with their knowledge. The kegs had botched welds on the tops.

So my buddy gave me 4 keg shells that he accumulated in collage, probably didn't get them back in time. They sat in his garage forever and are at least 10 years old, I can't imagine anyone wanting these back. Can I cut into them and get started building/brewing?

Latest posts

Back