Acquired some commercial Perlick air regs. Help?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowtiebrewery

Reaction score
Hi all,

My brother is in construction and recently his group came in to strip and demo a bar for a new bar. They were getting a new walk-in frige in the basement, and they left their secondary regulators, taps, and co2 pump.
I have three 3-way secondary Perlick Co2 regulators attached to panels. I tested them and they all work just fine but they are a little grimy. I kept one for myself though.

Also I have 8 Micromatic US Sankey taps. Some are the Ergo version, others are just the standard blue, red, black, and yellow handles. I also have one Ergo style Guiness tap as well. That one is almost brand new which I know goes for around $80.

Any idea on what these things are worth?
I looked at the new ones on Perlick's website and they go for $260 each. Also what are the hose looking things attached to it?
12510481_10101100540794609_7769689479766762573_n.jpg

1239429_10101100540814569_5423605322025122981_n.jpg

I dunno - maybe $50 per set if you cleaned them up?

The cut-off tubes that aren't attached to the regulator were for beer.
Note that there's a beer run next to each regulator...

Cheers!

if your looking to get rid of a set i would be willing to do $60 shipped for one set and i'd pay through paypal. they didnt cost you anything and they would probably fit in a flat rate box, so i'd be in if your willing to help someone out that could use them and is on a tight budget.

These are secondary regulators, not primary. You will still have to have a reg on your CO2 source. However these are more expensive than normal regulators as they are more accurate. They are worth more than $60 per set. FYI

I mean I could clean them up. Wouldn't take too much effort. I still have to clean all the taps I acquired as well.

Ok i quickly cleaned them up and they do look much better. I have been doing a little research on them. So they are the prior model for Perlick. All internals are the same as the new versions. Only difference is that they don;t have knobs to turn the regulator, they have the same set-screws you would find on a micromatic. I will be listing them in the for sale section soon. I'm thinking that $100 for each is a fair price. Also I dont know if anyone will want the beer line connections that mount on there... They seem fairly crudded up and not worth saving. I didnt even bother trying to clean them, but they could be included as well if the buyer wants them.

Now onto the Keg couplers. Looks like I have a few that I would be willing to sell. They all cleaned up nicely. I think I have the following:
2 S-Type European couplers
1 D-Type US Sankey Ergonomic SS coupler (Apparently these things are almost $80 each)
1 U-Type Guiness SS Coupler ($60 Retail)
5 D-Type US Sankey Couplers. Most are the Plated ones. One or possible two are All SS.

I think I would be oK with selling everything except for one of the European couplers. Never know when I want to have a German Keg on tap.
So I'm thinking
$20 shipped on the European
$10+ S+H on all the Sankey D's
$40 + S+H On the Ergo Sankey D
$35 + S+H on the Guiness Tap Type U

I bought a 2 regulator set used a while back. It did not have shut off, a plate they were mounted to, or the a pressure relief on the incoming side. I paid $50. Maybe I paid to much, but it was worth it to me.

Back