Absolutely love brewing!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelbymedic

Reaction score
Hey y'all
I work for a company that has a ton of home brewers so it had been on my to do list for a while. Well, last Christmas, I put together a few Amazon gift cards and bought a kit and I haven't looked back! I've brewed a dozen batches and have moved from extract to BIAB. I'm pretty proud that I've gotten the process down to mashing right when my 16 month old daughter is getting tired, then I put her down for her nap and I'm pitching yeast right as she wakes up #efficientdadbrewer.
So all that being said, I absolutely love this hobby (lifestyle?). It's developed new friendships and also increased my knowledge of biology, cooking, etc. And the best part is it's a hobby that keeps me at home with my family. As a full time paramedic, dad, husband and part time student, I can't get away to the gun range for four hours or backpack in the mountains for three days or golf for 5 hours anymore (those hobbies will come back with time though). So it's nice to have something that's enjoyable that I can do in my carport.

Just thought I'd share how much I've enjoyed this hobby and forum.

Cheers!

Try making some mead also. Fun, easy and quick. Jack's Apricot mead is a good recipe you can easily change up.

Welcome. I have a similar situation with family, work, etc. if I get spare time, I'm brewing. Who needs other hobbies?

Latest posts

Back